VDC / BIM – Coordinator
To support company virtual design and construction (VDC) initiatives, including building information modeling (BIM) process development as it relates to field construction.
- Help develop industry best practices to influence corporate VDC policies and strategies throughout all departments
- Support and manage VDC engagement on assigned projects
- Engage staff in continuous mentoring and training opportunities to leverage VDC strategies on their projects
- Manage VDC document and data storage structure
- Help with development of VDC related software and hardware advancements and the implementation for all departments
- Present the corporate VDC initiative both internally and externally to support the corporate brand and represent Innov8tive Solutions as a leading expert in VDC
- Create VDC content to support all phases of a project
- Capable of generating usable models and collaborating with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and the Innov8 project team
- Construction collaboration utilizing models that depict construction systems and building components
- Capable of conducting clash detection analysis, constructability reviews, system quantity take off, scheduling, document management, RFI’s, submittals, and record documents and training others on the same
- Develop photo renderings and animated walk-throughs from the building model
- Train and mentor Co-op Engineers/Interns, Engineers, Danis project team, etc. for their involvement with BIM
- Ability to handle multiple, on-going complex projects and to be able to prioritize each projects needs to fulfill project requirements
- Ability to mentor, train, and support project team members across multiple projects to help each team member achieve maximum potential
- Mastery of software platforms including:
- 360 Glue / Field
- Autodesk Revit
- Autodesk Point Layout
- BIM Assure
- Experience with collaborative VR tools and Revit integrations.
- Experience with Augmented and/or Mixed Reality in a construction setting.
- Familiarity with digital construction project management tools, scheduling software, and and productivity tracking systems.
- Experience with Dynamo and basics of software coding (loops, if/else, etc).
- Familiarity with design for manufacture principles and practices.
- Familiarity with AIA G202.
- Familiarity with or exposure to Lean construction or Lean principles in general.
- Experience implementing BIM for ongoing operations and maintenance.
Project Location(s): Miami Fl
Education: BS, AA